Wednesday 21 September 2011

What Is Good...PRINT PROJECT/Project Concept.

After feedback from my peers today in regards to my Wes Anderson 'What is Good' presentation (please see design context, what is good?, and personal & professional development blogs for more details) I have narrowed down a few choices from a brainstorm for potential concepts and developments for my print-based outcome, as well as my summary statement:

Good is...The Films of Wes Anderson

Considerations:

- Experiment with stocks (tones, shades- ice white, warm white, etc).
- Find print prices and costings
- Special colours, spot colours, CMYK
- Early focuses on concepts- define what I want to do early on. CONCEPT & RATIONALE by next week.
- Look at my options, consider & evaluate.

Possible concepts

* INFORMATION
* WAYFINDING
* PUBLISHING
* EDITING
* PACKAGING/BRANDING
* PROMOTE

* Branding and packaging for a "15th anniversary" special addition boxset of Wes Anderson films- re-designing covers with booklet explaining culture, history and popularity of film inside each one//PACKAGING/BRANDING//PROMOTE.
* Perfect bind, concise book explaining the history and culture of Wes Anderson films//INFORMATION//PUBLISHING//EDITING//BRANDING.
* Wes Anderson exhibition- history, infographics and stories//INFORMATION//WAYFINDING//PUBLISHING//BRANDING//PROMOTE.

The last concept, highlighted in bold, is my particular favourite after today's feedback considerations. I also think this would give me the most chance to experiment with branding and designing- potentially going on to create the exhibition itself, a guide and map (4D, interactive?), tickets, promotions in posters/mailshots/invites. Really excited to get started and expand upon my idea. Now I will go on to start researching potential fields an options to consider, such as:

* Print costs
* Stocks
* Design
* Locations
* Type/Image
* Time constraints
* Message
* Narrative

I think that the exhibition experience, as a proposal, would provide a great experience for people to "immerse" themselves into the Wes Anderson world, and give an in-depth and insightful view as a PERSUADING, INFORMING, and EDUCATING device.

All necessary research and information will be found on my Design Context blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment