Wednesday 22 September 2010

if i knew you were comin'...


Throughout today I have been kept very busy indeed!
Along with the usual, mundane chores of the day, I went into the city centre today to pick up the vital ingredients towards the final outcome solution for our project- five cotton tote bags (one each to showcase our individual designs on) and five iron-on sheets to transfer our images onto the cotton fabric.


This afternoon I went onto create a design for my bag, developed from the original "design scribbles" i have prevuiously blogged.

From writing constant messages to fellow group members, my original ideas for my design have completely changed. I originally wanted to create something perhaps a little "OTT" and full of illustrative design- though, from the opinion of others, I have been lead to believe that simplicity really will work best from both an aesthetic and economic viewpoint (as, when we pitch these products, one of the real, notable points is that if they were to be distributed to new students, they would be an affordable and easily-made gift!)

However, i still believe that there remain to be many of my original ideas, and, perhaps, just a slightly different execution in the terms of the layout, and am very pleased with the results I have achieved in the short space of time...



I am really looking forward to seeing the feedback from my group in our session tomorrow, and am anticipating the decisions in terms of colour editing and enhancement to create the final piece before transferring onto our tote bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment