Monday 25 October 2010

alphabet soup task 2 ammendments: typographic experimentations.


Once more, from the feedback I recieved in the Friday afternoon's crit session, I have decided to experiment with further types of typography, this time not only focusing on the aesthetic elements such as texture and weight of line, but also moving away from the purely uppercase alphabet to also experimenting with lowercase and italics.
As aforementioned, I originally chose to present my typographic alphabet in uppercase as this was a personal desire of Chloe's. 
However, from experimenting in this way, I have realised how different letterforms can really be- and, in this case, I think that the lowercase letterforms are a lot more effective in showcasing the chosen adjectives that I originally used to describe Chloe's personality, such as "free-spirited", "feminine", and "elegant".
Many of the letterform textures were developed from the original patterns I created, such as the 'B' letterform- the "final outcome" typography, but without the outline, and, once more, they are all based upon the 'Century Schoolbook' typeface, which I believe best suited Chloe's personality and tastes.

Although it was sometimes a little challenging to experiment and "think up" these thirty-two (twenty-six letters plus six glyphs) new letterforms, I really enjoyed the freedom of it, and believe that there is a lot of grounding here to create and experiment with many more typefaces and warping the limits of the anatomy of type.

No comments:

Post a Comment