Monday 11 October 2010

development of alphabet soup, task 2.


I went on from my initial tracing of type and font to develop my own style and generate further ideas.
As I had already drawn the aforementioned fonts on the standard black and white, I decided to start drawing these new ones onto brown paper with a white posca paint pen- my new favourite (very easy and manageable to use with a fine tip with a thick, tip-ex like coverage).

I decided to keep the letters small scale (72 point size) so that I would be able to produce designs quickly and easily- and was happy with the variation I achieved.

I really had fun playing around with the different types of typography and even the smallest manipulations gave really different, unique effects.

I really like the white on brown paper, however, I doubt I will use this in my final design presentation. For our A1 sheet, we are required to have a monochrome traced tone palette, and despite there being no rules in regards to colour when it comes to the 9cmx4.5cm badge design, my partner, Chloe, specifically pointed out that she likes structure and continuity with her work, therefore, I will stay with the black and white design.

Although I am overly very happy with the quick design doodles above, I particularly like the outline, and negative space letters, therefore, I will now go on to develop a typeface in this particular style.

No comments:

Post a Comment