Due to perhaps bad prioritisation of work and tasks (largely putting freelance work over Uni work... when you need the money needs must...) throughout today and this evening I've found myself working hard to develop the range of printed collateral for the first half of the Leeds University Union Ballet Society brief.
Throughout initial experiments and development of branding, Carys and I agreed to create a white embroidery logo onto a purple heather hoodie, so, naturally, I wanted to translate this through to the branding, and went for a purple and white colour scheme.
My main focus for the outcomes (to be specified asap in a re-written brief), after many discussions with the Society, is to create practical media that will make the life of existing members easier and more in touch with the hierarchy and chairs of the group.
Therefore, I decided to create compliment slips, letterheads, receipt cards (and cases), along with swing tags to be attached to each of the hoodies (due to arrive on Friday!) for a clean and consistent brand range, focusing on the use of type, as the logo will be applied to the hoodies and to digital and social media (to be worked on, again, asap!).
Generally quite happy with the outcomes which look clean, contemporary, but give a nod to tradition and a sense of regality (that ballet is so often associated with) through the purple colour scheme- hoping to get all of the outcomes, including the modelled hoodie, photographed on Friday, ready to go onto the finalised design submission boards and printed for Monday before Wednesday's hand in.
I also went on to design basic double sided print DL envelopes to adhere to the range, but as I couldn't print on A4 (my home printer) I didn't want to have to endure the stress of colour matching, and simply can't afford to print at Uni again (having spent £101 on Monday...whoops...), along with stickers, which now, sadly, are redundant, but hopefully my work at submission stage will still reflect a considered approach and execution of my work.