Thursday 16 December 2010

'3' sequence series.


As part of our visual thinking workshop, we have started to develop a photographic resource in particular fields (as aforementioned in this blog).

After my first technical photography workshop, I was asigned a subject area to create a focus on throughout this project, mine being the number '3'.

In the first week, I collected images associated with the number 3 throughout the college building...


There was such a variation of images, this is just a small handful.
I tried to keep a really open mind about the photographs I was going to collect, as I really didn't know what to expect to find, and was pleased with some of the results- often following a particular repetition, such as sequence, numerals, and light.

My favourite being, I discovered, was to be sequence- the idea that something could follow a pattern but have ever-so-slight quirks, or things that make them slightly different from the other.


In the following week, I went on to develop and expand my visual research to Leeds City Centre...


Again, I managed to gather some really interesting and unique images, though I felt I was a lot more constraint due to the fact that I had attempted to file my images down to those of '3' sequences.

I will now go on to experiment with my own set-up imagery to expand the possibilities with this photographic documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment