Sunday 12 December 2010

Typographic Stop motion Series.


Although my original intentions were to create a photographic portraiture stop motion, I decided, within a couple of days that due to the time frame available before our presentation, this would not be feesable because of the preperation it would take.

After approaching many people, personally, by e-mail, etc, I had very few responses, not the 100+ that I had hoped for. Therefore, I knew that I had to re-plan my ideas of the stop motion, or give up the idea altogether.

However, I knew that I really want to take this oppurtunity to push my skills and really push myself out of my "comfort zone", thus, I re-planned, and decided to utilise people's opinions and put them not in a photographic stop motion, but a typographic one, creating designs on adobe illustrator...



^^ my original e-mails to the entire staff and student population of Leeds College of Art, asking for people to partake in a photographic stop motion series, which then changed when I asked for people's opinions on Leeds. ^^


Experimenting with different styles for my typographic presentaion- although some of the elaborate designs were fun to create, I thought that the the simpler style would work best- with just half a second between image slides, again, as aforementioned, it could easily look to busy and fussy.
Therefore, I decided to use Browallia New font in white against a black background, embellishing each word which people chose to describe what they liked most about leeds.























Although there were many designs that I felt could have been improved, I'm really pleased with my progress when the time constraints are taken into consideration, and now I know that I can produce a good quantity of work in a short space of time, whilst still being able to contribute to the group, which I was initially worried about.

I will now go on to order these images and sync them to music to present on our group's website and for the presentation of our design ideas on Friday 10th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment