Thursday 9 December 2010

Sheep Animation Experiments.



Here, I have shown my experiments with my first solo stop motion- using a sheep ornament toy (As I have previously shown through a link on my design practice blog). I altered the photograph even so slightly each time by turning the angles in which the toy would "walk".


A screenshot of Windows Movie Maker- software programme I had never used before, not known for it's high quality, but easily accessible from home, whereupon I am able to work whenever I wish, as oppossed to attmepting to squeeze in time at University around my other lessons and lectures.


Here, I selected all the images I downloaded from my camera of the individual movements of my sheep toy- which will be sequenced together to make my stop motion.


With my images selected and ordered, the Windows Movie Maker shows the first image in the sequence to the frame in the right.


Here, adding the images to the movie sequence, in accordance to the time scale in the bar above.


Here, choosing an audio track piece to sync with the Movie Maker images- this time choosing 'Raindrops' by Regina Spektor, for the fast paced, "chirpy" piano tune.


The images along with the audio track.


Here, showing the "drag" tool, in which you can order and either increase or decrease the amount of the track you play, being able to crop or cut off at any point.


Here, I discoverd that you can add effects to both the audio and images- here I use the fade in and fade out tools at the beginning and end of the track for a much more subtle intro and outro.


The finished video, saved in a Windows Movie Maker/Media Player format.


With my video complete, I go on to save the file.
Although I could simply click on 'file' and 'save as', the file format it would save as (Windows Media Player) was unsuported by most online sources (if I wanted to go onto publish it onto links such as our 'When In Leeds...' website, blog, etc...). Therefore, I saved it as an MP3/PAL file (see images below).






The stop motion piece, pre-audio.


The stop motion piece with audio, pre "fade intro" and "fade outro".


The "final" piece, with all elements together.

No comments:

Post a Comment