Tuesday 4 January 2011

Typogateaux; Final Piece.




Here, above, shows the cake I made for the BA (Hons) Graphic Design annual typogateaux contest (and a display of the 9 hours of my life that I will never get back...of course...), in the shape of a 'C' inspired by a Cinderella theme, decorated with sponge iced pumpkins, ivy vines and sugar strands.

The piece, then completed with the 'ingredients information' tab below (unfortunately I didn't have time in the morning to print it out)- in which I used a stock illustration of a pumpkin to vector in illustrator, along with the silhouette stars to add to the "magic".

I really enjoyed making the cake, though, in hindsight, I definately focused more upon the decorative nature than the typographic (but hey, it tasted pretty good!), so, when the typogateaux contest 2011 comes around, I'll really consider and apply my graphics credentials!

No comments:

Post a Comment