Sunday 18 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Silent Movie//Preparation//Float & Stretch Inspiration.


Researching videos to act as inspiration for my own motion graphics videos- examining the motion of particular objects/actions and how this will effect and inspire my own visual communication throughout my designs. I have chosen to use both of my words, 'float' and 'stretch' in order to try and put my own design outcomes and be able to experiment more with diverse methods of communication and effects in the Adobe After Effects 
software programme.

FLOAT


For my main source of inspiration with 'float' I have decided to look at balloons- inspired by the diversity in motion they produce- whether it be through wind, natural gas elements (hydrogen/helium), oxygen- etc- there are many factors which determine the speed, direction and "character" of a balloon floating- through continued storyboarding I will explore the potential movement I could create with different variables in motion.

STRETCH


A bubble gum bubble inside a bubble gum bubble- BUBBLECEPTION. Looking at the idea of blowing bubble gum for stretch- the way that with a forward-facing shot, the bubble gum "balloon" engulfs the screen- stretching outwards before popping back- working alongside the idea of an elastic band/catapult elastic stretching in a directly-forward shot.


Good view from a side angle- though not as an effective, or high-impact a stretch motion- interesting to see the gradual incline and increase of the shape- a steady progression and increase which I hope to apply to my own designs and typography. 


Another one of my key inspirations for stretch- elastic/rubber bands- found two video examples, unfortunately not too representative of my storyboard ideas (more information of which can be found as I progress through my storyboard ideas on this Design Practice blog)- looking for more of a "snap forward"- catapult-like motion which hopefully be quite an effective, and experimental motion piece.


And my final major source of inspiration- slinkys! Using the Bauhaus 93 typeface in my designs (very reminisant of the original 'Slinky' brand logo)- I was inspired by the stretching motion of the slinky itself- perhaps the "stairs walk" would be a little too complex for the 5 second motion piece- but the downward stretch and bounce up could be something fun to experiment with- more story boards coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment