Wednesday 28 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Top 10...//How-To/Drawing Penguins.


Researching several sources and step-by-step tutorials for how to draw penguins (my subject matter for the 'Top 10' project brief)- a great source of inspiration for my own visual representations.



Quick and easy steps- but the drawing is a bit too cartoony and garish for my liking- not very graphic, but a useful resource in terms of three-dimensional and spacial awareness nonetheless.



Again, a bit too gimicky and cartoony for my liking- the shading is a bit brash and too colourful- I intend to stick to a far more minimal colour palette which will be more appropriate for the informative side of the proposed programme- despite the fact it is for children (5-11 years), it can still be tastefully and maturely designed, with other elements such as the shapes in the vector illustration, type, soundtrack, and foley art providing an appropriate target-audience "twist".



Again, a little too "creepy childish" for my liking- eyes a little too bright and "kawaii" for my liking- not geometric/vector enough to suit both my design practice, and what I believe is appropriate for my design outcomes for this motion graphics work.



Undoubtedly my favourite design "how to guide" from all of my searching- a supplement for British newspaper, The Guardian, by renowned Illustrator Oliver Jeffers- beautifully simple, sweet and full of character- this go to guide will be my ultimate inspiration- time to start doodling!

No comments:

Post a Comment