Tuesday 13 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Silent Movie//What I have learnt- last week's workshop.



Unfortunately, as aforementioned, I missed last week's workshop session which Fred delivered. However, I was fortunate enough to still retain the information for workshops and extra design development work from the session through fellow BAGDers. After completing the timeline tasks (which I have previously blogged), I have gone on to list all that I have learnt from this workshop, and my understanding of the process of timelines and storyboards within motion graphics so far.


- Time and pace are important considerations when designing your motion graphics timeline- consider the pace of the data and how this will be visually communicated.
- Key frames are the frames in which the most significant changes in the sequence occur- for the meanwhile, these are the frames we have been focusing on, and have learnt to develop visually and in terms of time and pace.
- "Tweening" is the process of creating frames between the key frames- the "in between" frames of the "key frames" within the sequence.
- Spacial and temporal sequencing- being aware of both the time and the space that content occupies a composition key frame (spacial= space, temporal= time).


I'm sure, if I had been at the workshop, I would have gained a lot more knowledge and areas of ~expertise~ in terms of storyboarding and timelines for motion sequences.  


MISTAKES I MADE (for consideration for further storyboard, timeline, or After Effects development)


- ALWAYS check times- and double check again. No room for mistakes.
- Don't be clumsy when drawing out my storyboards in terms of space, etc- having a neater draft which help to visualise my final outcomes more effectively.
- If I have an idea for project development, draw it down straight away whilst it's fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment