Friday 9 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Silent Movie//Timeline and Keyframe Task.


Unfortunately, being away on Tuesday, I missed the day's workshop sessions. However, friends and fellow BAGDers have talked me through the process and work from the day, and I hope that, now having caught up with the workload, have managed to understand and execute the work correctly.


Working with timelines, I first drew a 60cm line and fitted my 72 second existing animation onto the timeline (with marks showing divisions of 10 to show time progression, along with the times of the key frame screen grabs within the kinetic type piece). However, when I put them onto the sheet, despite the already small scale- they were over-lapping and cluttered- not ideal at all! I started to put them on a timeline stretching over five 60cm timeline- much clearer and evident of when in the sequence the keyframes occured. 
Messed the timings up a little, unfortunately- so I decided to start again- a little difficult to get my head round at first (rounding up numbers to avoid working in milliseconds- I start to need to consider frames as well as seconds soon, argh!)- though I'm sure it'll come soon with a little more logic and organisation.

Re-drawing over a series of five timelines, again, my maths wasn't quite right- I definitely need to wake up a little, however, certainly getting there- the more I work with the sequences, the more accurate I will undoubtedly be- now the sequences were far easier to view, and, again to distinguish what effect the key frames would have on effects throughout the animation- where the bulk of the content was, and where fade ins/fade outs occur, etc.


For the final version of the timeline/key frame task- I cut up my timelines, again, more accurately this time(!)- with more organisation are care I would have measured my timeline as such that I could have stuck them together to create a 300mm timeline (with extra paper for sticking to one another)- which would be a great indicator for the speed through the motion piece. Now, I will go on to apply these examples of key frame and timeline drawing to my own designs, and, of course- practice my maths!

No comments:

Post a Comment