Sunday 18 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Brainstorming Ideas.




Beginning to research potential ideas for the development of the 'Top 10 Things...' project within the Design Production for Digital brief. At the module briefing, tutor Fred discussed potential ideas with us (as published on the module brief on my blog, also) and the start of our concept development- with the potential directions we could follow- most importantly having a subject/theme that we could quickly and efficiently obtain a lot of useful and insightful research on, as well as a subject that we could be fully engaged with for the next two months (the duration of the Design Production for Digital brief).
With this rare opportunity to be in control of the theme of a project, I began to brainstorm ideas I felt had strength and I could be really ethusiastic about. Ideas included (as can be seen in the images above):

- Baking
- Photography
- Travel
- Literature
- Sciences
- Neurology
- World Cinema

However, the subject that I decided to persue, and was particularly enthusiastic about was:

- PENGUINS  

Throughout my entire life I'd have a fascination with animals and, in particular- penguins- at one time being able to memorise the entire seventeen species in the penguin animal group. Knowing a significant (although by no means extensive) amount about the animals already, I felt this had a good platform- and an opportunity to have real fun with my designs- playing upon their iconic colouring, habitat and mannerisms within my designs.



As can be seen in the images above of my brainstorm sheets, I began to explore the potential avenues I could go down in terms of research throughout the rest of the festival break before returning to University in January, and returning to the intensive design process in this project- such as researching primary and secondary source images (books, journals, wildlife magazines [such as National Geographic], visiting zoos and/or aquariums) as well as finding necessary facts, statistics and data about the individual species, questionnaires, and existing visual responses, etc. Let the research begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment