Wednesday 28 December 2011

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Appropriate "PENGUIN" typefaces.


Starting to research relevant typefaces which would suit my design outcomes. As with many people, as I have found throughout my research, when I think of penguins, one of the first visual associations is ice and the Antarctic. I went on to dafont to find ice/snow related typefaces, three of which I felt would work well with my design outcomes:







However, I have to remember that not all species of penguin are Antarctic-dwelling, and that I want my title sequence, in particular, to promote the diversity of penguins and the "Top 10 Things"/Facts about them- so need to keep my options open. However, I quite like the idea of creating my own working vector-based typeface (something I've never done before) which would fit the visual outcome- I'll work with illustrations first (which I feel is appropriate for my subject matter), and then work on the appropriate typeface- but good to start some idea generation, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment