Sunday 29 April 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Product considerations.



A note about my design concept...


Originally for my major product outcomes, looking at creating different cover versions for a selected range of Grimm's Fairy Tale books (as well as proposing others, if given more time), I have decided that this isn't the most appropriate idea.


Not only would be printing costs be very expensive for each of the individual books, but each story is also far too short to warrant it's own book without resembling an early reader's 'Ladybird'-like book that I used to read when I was around three, and not particularly suited for my target market of 5-11 year olds.


Therefore, I have decided to work towards creating one condensed book with some of the favourite Grimms stories within one singular book publication- which I can then go on to print in paperback, hardback and special collector's edition- which makes a great deal more sense from a retail and publication perspective, as well as making sure I'm eating more than gruel until the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment