Sunday 22 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Designing poster V.



Coming along to my fifth and final design, admittedly, getting a little tired now, and frustrated that I have left things until this late a stage. Although I am generally happy with the outcomes I have produced, I wish that I could have initially thought of this concept for my design development brief to have effectively made more way for experimentation with outcomes, particularly in terms of the design style and the printing methods used to produce the physical posters themselves.

This final poster, again, keeping to the use of gradients, greyscale and circular patterns used throughout my existing designs, I gave a Hitchcockian/Saul Bass-esque feel to the design with, once again, bold, silhouette cameo style illustrations, with the rotated balletic pose symbolising the fall from the stage that the central character, Nina takes at the end of the film, along with her schizophrenic descent into "becoming" the black swan. A simple design, though hopefully effective. 

My design process and thinking can be seen in the images below.


No comments:

Post a Comment