Sunday 22 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Designing poster IV.



Definitely getting more into the design process and methods of experimentation through vector based illustration, I moved onto my fourth design out of the five-poster design series, and made sure that I would once again (as in the first poster design) use red, warm, autumnal tones, to ensure a balance was kept between the images, and with my intention to largely focus on using three basic colours: red, white, and black, of which I have, as shown, gone on to experiment and play around with in terms of tonal variation and gradients. 


Keeping with the spiral/circular theme, as I think this represents confusion/inner mind well, which suit the psychological themes of the film, as well as, the red in particular, representing the red circular blood stain that Nina has as a result of stabbing herself at the end of the film... *spoiler alert*. Again, I wanted to represent the balance between her performance as the white and the black swan, and used the graduated feather effect once more to represent this change and how the innocence of the white swan evolves into the darkness of the black swan.

My design process and thinking can be seen in the images below.


No comments:

Post a Comment