Tuesday 10 April 2012

PPD//Self promotion & Branding//Sofia Sans.




After discovering the typeface 'Sofia Sans' for the first time last week, the love affair with the typeface has only grown ever stronger. After downloading the free, downloadable version of Sofia Sans Bold from the FontSpring website, I have decided to take the plunge and use it for my self promotion and branding design type basis for it's bold, geometric shape which is rounded, contemporary and friendly (whilst still being strong and eye-catching)- just what I feel my work and my personality represents, and would be a great visual reflection of this. As a result, I will also walk into new territory by purchasing a typeface for the first time (woo!) as I feel a variety of weights and italicised/Roman fonts are needed- costing me around $33 each (around £20), therefore keeping it to a minimal 3 (for the meanwhile) of Extra Light, Semi Bold, and Extra Light Italic, which can be the most easily manipulated and developed (in terms of adding an outer stroke for additional weight, etc). Might have to wait until next week when the Student Loan drops in, but really excited to finally be making a move on my promotional design portfolio.



No comments:

Post a Comment