Sunday 22 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Designing poster III.



Definitely making a move in the right direction, I feel quite happy with the pace that my designs are coming along, and the quality, in my mind, is okay- the consistency of the vector-based silhouettes working well together, and still remaining faithful to the visually grainy, dark style throughout the cinematography of the film.
Originally in this design, I had planned to have the entire silhouette image made up of feathers, and for the black feathers to float off into the air, though I found sticking to the strong cameo-like silhouette was far more effective.
I am quite fond of the gradients in this image, I think that the vignette and spotlight effects work well to capture the theatrical and stage core of the design. 

My design process and thinking can be seen in the images below.


No comments:

Post a Comment