Sunday 22 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Designing poster I.



Finally making a real start on my design process and poster making! After jotting a few ideas down in my sketchbooks, I felt happy with some of the conceptual developments and ideas I had.
The "major" concept that I want to portray within my series is the evolution and change that the central character, Nina, has in "becoming" the black swan, from her original innocence and naivety of the white swan character. 
With my survey results, I found that white, black, and red were believed to be the colours most commonly associated with the film, and felt that these would work well to create a bold and dramatic effect. 


Looking at past designs I have created, particularly my editorial designs (as shown below), I was really keen to develop my skills in the way of using gradients and textures, and felt that this would be very appropriate to my dark subject matter. 


I decided to work with the repetitive balletic silhouette image to show the descent from the white to the black swan through gradients.


I'm quite happy with the design, definite room for improvement, but a good start- I'm looking forward to working on my next designs for the series!

My design process and thinking can be seen in the images below.

No comments:

Post a Comment