Thursday 12 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Academy Awards Book Designs.



Making a start after a long, drawn-out research process into developing the booklet design for my self- initiated 'The History of The Academy Awards' brief. Starting to experiment with type, as I'm currently feeling at a bit of a loose end with my illustrations, and, to be honest, a little intimidated by the amount of work still to do for this project (and trying to complete the designs and print with a research visit booked for all of next week, which will take me away from Leeds). 


I started using Gotham Rounded, which I felt worked well to give a friendly, yet all-American feel to the design (Gotham was originally used for US road signs, and has been popularised through the Obama campaign of recent years), also with a wide variety of weights to choose from and work with from within the family.


However, still I feel at a real dead end with these designs, and need to work on something a little more immediate to feel happy with the outcome. I'm going to go away for a little while and hopefully get a little more inspiration for something more direct and focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment