Monday 30 April 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Waterstones Photography.



After giving the shop floor manager, Neil, a call at the weekend, after Uni today I popped into my local (Albion Street, Leeds) to take some photographs of the store to propose a launch of my rebranded design publication for Grimm's Fairy Tales (which will also go on to be promoted at the Hay Literary Festival)- as well as looking at the signage throughout the shop, and how this could influence some of my promotional designs.

Obviously, just some quick snap shots for now that would need a considerable amount of editing within the context of finalised design boards- though I have been given permission to go back into the store and take more photographs, to get lighting and composition a little more appropriate in time for my mock up designs also.

Really interesting to see the variations of signage- and it'll certainly given me a good opportunity to experiment with in context of the Waterstones branding (which, at the moment is going from an unusual transaction as the FS Alberta Pro typeface that was introduced for the logo design in 2010 is being reverted back to the original Baskerville logo this year, so now is an awkward mixture of the two), which, hopefully, should be quite fitting to my proposed black and white colour scheme for my design outcomes.

* Another idea that came from my trip out today was to possibly create a cover design for an audio book as well as the paper/eBook editions. I don't want to overwhelm myself with work too much, and know it's certainly quality over quantity, but time given, I think this would be a great addition to my project range. I loved audio books as a child, and truth be told, I still do now. I think there's a great market out there for this product.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment