Friday 26 November 2010

Collection 100: 20 opinions.

 
1. From the outset, Leeds looks like an ordinary dull city but once you enter the culture of the city it's quite a nice place. Leeds has quiet a large history and offers much for most people and it offers a great variety of night life as well as historical attractions and museums. It really does depend on what you want for the place but it has much to offer. In my personal opinion Leeds is a much friendlier city than Manchester although there are still a few rough pockets, but, overall it's a generally safe place- Tom O' Neill, Freelance Photographer.
2. I've been to Leeds only once in my life. Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Leeds. It surpassed my expectations. I imagined it to be a dirty, grim city. It was not- Adrian Perks, Museum Worker.
3. I've never been, but I have always wanted to. As soon as i hear the word Leeds, i automatically think art, the University and the fabric stall at the indoor market!- Sacha Frampton, A level art student.
4.  The royal armouries are nice with the canals nearby!- Chloe Roberts, Lighting and Pyrotechnics technician.
5. I've never been to Leeds...but I'm still applying to Uni there! So when I think of Leeds I think UNIVERSITY- and freedom!- Holly Farthing, Fashion and Photography A-level student.
6. I like the fact that there's so much to do and that it's a very student friendly place. I dislike the fact that it seems practically impossible to find a job!- Kirsty Alderson, Graphic Design Student at Leeds College of Art.
7. Leeds is a great city. The city centre has excellent bars, restaurants and shopping, however, it also has some very good suburbs too- David, yahoo answers.
8. I didn't know much about Leeds and thought it an unremarkable city, until my eyes were opened to the artistic sensibilities floushing in it's heart- Charli Remy-LeBeau, music student.
9. "My perception would be that Leeds is very busy, I'd say it would have a busy night life (though i've only been in the outskirts!) not very friendly though, everyone keeps to themselves- doing what they're doing with no time for chatting to your neighbour"- Tara Ayling-Whitehouse, fashion design student.
10. I thought Leeds was really cool, nice people and friendly- Georgina Christian, Fine Art University Student, studying in Sheffield.
11. A vibrant city, good nightlife- Daniel Finnerty, A-level student.
12. Energetic, happening, youthful place to be. Lots of nice eating places. Lots of entertainment opportunities. Possible good place to invest in various growing markets. Good place to look for employment. But also loud, expensive, run down in places and with a "loop" that seems to provide perpetual motion!- Paul Danks, Landlord and Quality Engineer.
13. I just remember it always being cold and windy- Simon Bonella-Foster, Assistant Manager at Lush, Telford.
14. I really like Leeds, it's very homely for me as it's just like Manchester, only more condensed. It has a lot to offer in terms of education, nightlife and shopping- the architecture is pretty nice too- Charlie Crosby, BA (Hons) Graphic Design student, Leeds College of Art.
15. Leeds is too cold- Hattie Warren, Drama Student at University of Birmingham.
16. It's a fine English City- 'Angel' via Yahoo Answers
17. Before coming to Leeds with the fresh perspective of an (albeit, only slightly) more mature adult, I has always thoguht Leeds' primary function was to furnish my Mum's house with new Ikea furniture and my brother and I with Dimebar cake as a small bribe for our troubles. Only in later years have I learned Leeds means much more to me.
I suppose as a Yorkshire city boy, born and raised, I see a lot of similarities in Leeds to that of Sheffield- so in most cases I stuggle to be dazzled by Leeds as an individual. Unless you happen to venture futher astray to catch a glimpse of the different accents England has to offer, the cities seemingly blur into one.
In my youth, durind a rough transitional period with my Parent's divorce, I remember my Dad taking my brother and I to the Royal Armoury Muserum. This is perhaps my favourite memory of Leeds. Being a typical boy I found everything fascinating; from ancient spears to the very first hand cannon- I was amazed by it all. My Dad, a self-acclaimed 'walking encyclopedia' spewed facts out throughout, whether he knew what he was talking about or just reading the plaques, it was all wisdom to me- Bob Berry, Law Student, Newcastle.
18. I found it grey, full of concrete and cars and no sign of green. But I've only been there 100 times by rail, so I must have missed the nice bits. At least the rain isn't as bad as Manchester, and the people are not so miserable. But it's close. One might commit suicide in Leeds after 2 days- 'Sosgez of no potatoes' via Yahoo Answers
19. Leeds is a wonderful city. It's very vibrant, multi-cultural and has fantastic shopping and night life- 'WeirdWiseWonderful' via Yahoo Answers
20. It's a nightmare to navigate around, and who put's a short stretch of motorway in a city centre and restricts it to 40mph...- 'Midnight Rider' via Yahoo Answers
21. Some areas are nice but lots of places in Leeds have anti-social behaviour- usually you spot a lot of teenagers wobbling around shouting and laughing- 'halo 1,2, and 3' via Yahoo Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment