Saturday 13 November 2010

Ideas Development for 'No News Is Good News': Envelope Design.


Here, I scanned one of the envelopes I previously constructed and traced it into a vector design for an Illustrator template for my designs- simple, economical.


After placing the elements of my envelope design in situe, I intially had some difficulty entering anchor points to delete certain lines (so that they wouldn't be visable in print). Therefore, I deleted all the lines with the intention of tracing the outline once printed from my pre-constructed paper envelopes.
However, after printing I realised how difficult this would be to align accurately, and decided to attempt to work my way around this problem...


My design placed in the correct envelope situe with lines still present.
I printed this off for a tester, but was dissatisfied with the results- when folded, the two oxfam logos are uncentral, and to ammend this, the web address would be unaligned, and therefore wouldn't look very consitent with my poster design...


Thus, I removed the logo on the back fold section, and was much happier with the results when printed, a far more subtle and sophisticated design.


In attempts to ammend the issue of the black lines appearing come print, I coloured the lines with the same pantone colour as the newsprint swatch, as I had used in my other designs, therefore, come print, being unoticeable.


And here, my final design- with the newsprint pantone background colour, and full mailing address, ready for print, and then to have been sent by tuesday/wednesday, to be delivered to my tutors by friday morning, on the concluding day of this project brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment