Saturday 13 November 2010

Ideas Development for 'No News Is Good News': poster design.


For my reversable-side fold-out poster, I obviously wanted to keep my design continious to my mail shot design, therefore, I decided to promote a sample few beneficary gifts that would be available for purchase from the 'oxfam unwrapped' site.
"Goat Couple: £50.00 Here's the "buy one, get two for twice the price" offer." was undoubtedly my favourite example on the site and I thought that the double vector design composition of the goats would symbolise the fact that the gift is shared, loving and unselfish.



I went on to design other elements of the gift selection and developed my original hand-rendered illustrations, including fresh water, chickens, and essential medicines- centre aligning for a bold composition with consistency in colour and my style of design.


Again, like my mail shot, I concluded by adding the newsprint background colour, and I am really pleased with how much of a visual affect this has given- the colours seem a lot less offensively bold as they were on the white, and I am sure that the texture of printing on the newsprint paper will just make it all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment