Wednesday 3 November 2010

No News Is Good News: Further Type Poster Experimentation.


Here, I have gone on to create a cut-out design, using my digitally-crafted templates, and have experimented with different layers of paper and colours in contrast.


My paper cut out on a woodgrain background- using green paper to emphasise the '£' sign which relace the 'ee's' in 'rupees'- green being "the colour of money"- most commonly associated colour.


The same as above, but with a slightly lighter green. Against the woodgrain, I think this light mint green looks a bit too washed out and pale.


Cut-out design upon my cutting mat green checkered background- in this case, a bit too dark- doesn't lift the colour in the contrast to the dark tones of the black paper.


The cut out against an 'antique white' cream paper. I like the variation of tone, but it doesn't contrast as much as I would like, as my original, and simple, black and white design did.


Again, my design in black and white- but this time the paper cut version- obviously, therefore, not looking as clean cut and straight edged as the digitial design- a lot more effective "in person".


This time, the paper cut out on a white background with the green '£' signs. Perhaps my favourite from my experimental series. Simplistic, yet the green glyphs really stand out and draw your attention to the main factor of the monetary offer within the article.



Again, the same idea, but with the lighter green paper stock background. I thought, before I experiemented, that this would look better- as a closer comparison to the colour of bank notes than the one above, but it isn't half as effective as drawing attention.



Another quick experiment- just to play around! I like the abstract effect of the copper coins between the papercut letters. Both related to money, and creating interesting shapes within the letterforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment