Wednesday 10 November 2010

Research and Initial Ideas for 'No News Is Good News': Message & Delivery.

WHAT? WHO? HOW? WHY?

What and How:
Design a mail shot (x10 editions) to fit within a 105mmx 160mm envelope.

Consider different ways of presenting my work- oragami, pop ups, tactile, graphic, using illustrator software, hand-rendered, paper cuts? The article theme is heart-felt and thought provoking, I must reflect this message in my visual communication.
Consider consitency with my other 'No News Is Good News' project- perhaps use papercuts again? Using the green, black and white colour scheme? Perhaps, however, digitalise, not only for ease but a higher level of professionalism in my design- more appropraite for a mass-print mail shot.

Think of potential messages, as well as the link to my original article, that I hope to portray:

"Entrepreneur James Caan offers 100,000 rupees to adopt a baby."
"Can't buy me love"- why foster and adoptive care is so invaluable, not only about showering gifts and love upon a child.

Deliverables and mailing list adresses to consist of: charity shops, churches, community centres, foster and care homes, magazines of specific relevance, public space.
Perhaps direct and inform people in the direction of charity sites in which you can "buy a goat for a family" etc, promoting sustainable living.
To Promote donations in other forms than "hard cash"- perhaps a more personal, humane way of helping others who are less fortunate than themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment