Friday 5 November 2010

No News Is Good News: Final Outcomes [[also known as: 'A few blisters later...']]


This series of photographs show my final outcomes from the week long 'No News Is Good Nes' visual communication project. After my stages of development, I have gone on to produce hand-crafted papercut 420x210mm x3 posters in accordance to the project brief.


The image above shows my text-only poster, with my developed 'Old Sans Black' font (found via http://www.dafont.com/) which i went onto fill the counters of- appropraite to my paper cut aspirations and also in a child-like, bold style that I think suited my theme best of all.


Above, my image-only design, showing a hand showering down cash notes onto a baby, a metaphor of "throwing money at you", such as James Caan attempted to do to the parents of the Pakistani child.


And here, the two combined: text and image.


The series of three poster images. Considering how long each poster took to make (around four to five hours each- that'll teach me to use a blunt knife!), I am generally pleased with the outcome- and certainly think that it is one of the most considered pieces I have created during my time on the course so far with regards to general layout and presentation.
Undoubtedly, the design is not perfect, as aforementioned, I realised oh too late just how innapropriate the sharpness of my knife blade was, and as a result have ended up with a lack of detail in some places, and therefore, some of the edges look quite scruffy. I would really like to attempt to re-create these posters to a professional level, and will try to do so within the next couple of days before further commitments are added to the workload!

As well as my opinions, I was lucky enough today to have been part of an annonymus group critique, in which I recieved some really constructive, and a positive response to my posters (which I shall blog in a new post!), which has certainly surpned myself on to work even harder and achieved the best possible set of work that I can, time given.

No comments:

Post a Comment