Wednesday 3 November 2010

No News Is Good News: Poster Design Experimentation.








Throughout this afternoon, I have experiemented with poster design for the 'No News Is Good News' project.
My original condensed headline was 'entrepreneur james caan offers 100,000 rupees to adopt a pakistani baby for his brother...", however, i decided, whilst creating these mock-up designs, that i could even further decrease the writing for my factual statement, without loosing too much neccessary information, concluding on the headline "entrepreneur james caan offers 100,000 rupees to adopt a baby".

I decided to use black and white from the start- this not only makes the task easier for me in regards to my choice of colour palette, but also I often find myself drawn back to using silhouette and tone, as it is bold and often proves that simplicity is most effective.

I experiemented with many different types of typography and layout- with serifs, san serifs, and angles of the typography layout. However, once again, it came down to simplicity, and along with my hopes to be able to present my poster as a paper cut-out design, I concluded that the bottom design was going to be the most effective to translate my message- with the added quirk of the '£' sign replacing the double 'ee's' in 'rupees'.

No comments:

Post a Comment