Saturday 13 November 2010

research for 'No News Is Good News' message and delivery.


As aforementioned, after reviewing my previous 'no news is good news' project, I feel that my article on James Caan had little in the way of development.
Originally, I had thought about translating and communicating the message of the value and privalege of having a child to foster and adoption care homes, however, I felt that, as a young student with, to be honest, little life experience, that I couldn't really relate to parents and felt that I may have been seen as a little patronising about this very emotive issue.

Therefore, I decided to follow a path I had conisdered previously, and one that I can relate to, and find truly inspiring: beneficiary gifts for aid, whereupon, you buy a gift for yourself, or a loved one, but instead of that person "recieving" the gift, it gets donated to a family living in extreme poverty- with gifts such as medical care, fresh water, and produce for land to promote economic sustainabilty.

Although it isn't as directly linked to the James Caan story as I would have perhaps liked, I feel that the connection is still there, as my statement of opinion was "i believe that Mr. Caan could have helped the family in a more suitable and long-term manner", and, of course, a beneficiary gift would have done just that.





The websites above have helped me to research the gifts, and price ranges available.

I decided to promote Oxfam, as it is perhaps the most famed charity for beneficary gifts, so has natural recognition with their branding design and logo, and it also happens to share a very similar colour palette to my James Caan poster designs.

Before I begin to design my mail shot(s) and envelope(s), I research the colour pallet pantones that Oxfam use in their advertisement, web, and paper-based design to keep a consistency, and the branding recognition that I previously mentioned.



To keep consitent with my designs, I will use the green colour pallet which I believe is also the most distinctive Oxfam colour, as well as being symbolic for enviroment, economics, and clean living- all the points I want to communicate in my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment