Friday 5 November 2010

No News Is Good News: Digitalisation.


After deciding upon my typeface, and the layout in which i hoped to present my design, I went on to experiement with the image (that would be required in two of the three posters).

I had a clear idea in my mind of the sort of style or visual that i wanted to represent- to clearly communication my factual statement 'entrpreneur james caan offers 100,000 rupees to adopt a baby.' even if this statement was not present at the time.

Therefore, I wanted to draw attention to the key factors- James Caan, money, and the baby.
There were several ways in which I thought I could have represented this, but decided first to hand draw a baby, lying upon a pile of money (a bed of money, even!) with a hand throwing notes down to a slowly reaching child's hand.

After drawing these, and scanning them into the computer, I decide to invert the colours to blend in with my current poster background, to see how it would "fit in" to the series, and was very pleased to see that, in my opinion, it infact did.

However, (my life drawing college tutor would be so proud!), my anatomical drawing skills, are, evidently somewhat lacking, and the proportions of the baby illustration have been frustrating me, therefore, before cutting out my posters, I am going to re-design the silhouette of the baby, and hope that it looks more visually effective, and representative of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment