Monday 22 November 2010

Collection 100: 20 words (give or take).


*Education
*Culture
*History
*Yorkshire
*Music
*Nightlife
*North
*Bennett
*Literature
*Aspirations
*Art
*Influence
*Moore
*Hepworth
*Modern
*Historical
*Architectural
*Travel
*BBC
*Theatre

The words above were a two-minute "brainstorm" of my initial ideas when I thought of the word "Leeds"- what images it conjured up in my mind, or what significant importance it held personally.

However, I knew that Leeds, in my eyes, would be very biased (being my new home, and my first choice for study throughout my University years), therefore, I sent an open message to friends and family online with the question:

"when i say "leeds" what is the first word that comes into your head?"

the same process that I went through, thus, being able to create an image of other people's perceptions of the city.
Some of the responses included:

*"You" (Sacha Frampton)
*Festival (Bryony Ebdon)
*Alex and Sophie (Megan Morris- "Alex and Sophie" being my partner and I!)
*"Dirty" (Luke Woodbridge- and apparently a quote from 'The Damned Utd!)

No comments:

Post a Comment