Monday 7 February 2011

Collection 100: Student Feedback.


From this afternoon's open feedback session- in regards to the development of our work, background research and final product, feedback delivered by fellow students...

ISSUES RAISED
-why use purple, what is it for? with the moustaches, could you have your drawings of the famous people with them?
-confused
-nicely crafted
-try categorising the taches into relevant groups?
-who is it for? restricted audience
-promotion? possibly packaging?
-what is the point in it? other than being visually LOVELY
(^^ i liked that person!^^)

ACTION TO BE TAKEN

-try some categories
-maybe think about typeface- not too sure about coloured counters

**** 
I think that part of the confusion caused with my work was the way I had organised it to be viewed without labelling effectively. I had placed my original design outcome to the left, with my new (slightly lacking in work thus far!) design outcome to the right, both designs showing the progression of how I have reached the conclusion I am now at, therefore, people weren't to know which design outcome I was decided upon.

Despite this, I was very pleased with my feedback- nothing too negative, and completely constructive- all points ones I have considered and still, am considering now.


CATEGORISATION...

*much like my original final outcome idea, I am probably going to categorise my swatch books in alphabetical order, however, I may explore the possibility of categorising them by exsiting moustache types (though I believe this may cause more confusion?)

WHO IS THIS FOR...

*make that clear in my promotion- poster design.
*the product, itself will be somewhat restricted due to the moustache aspect- a limited, niche group of fans- but avid ones at that.

PROMOTION...
*again, unclear at this stage. in my original final outcome I intended to design for product and packaging, but now I aim to make a poster (though this, of course, was unclear at this stage with both products on view...)

WHAT  IS THE POINT...

*as stated on box and throughout designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment