Sunday 13 February 2011

Design for the Day: Collection 100.



After what feels like a never-ending week, I'm really pleased to say that I have completed my swatch book designs- the four pack in the series (each with twenty-five designs) with twenty-five acetate sheets, and twenty-five off-white cartridge paper stock to back them.

Despite not being anything like what I imagined my final piece would look like this time last week, I am really pleased, in hindsight, that I have had to re-design this product- I feel like I have learnt so much about software, time management, and most of all, that creativity doesn't need to be determined by time.

From just speaking to fellow students and classmates over the afternoon session today, people responded really well to the designs- without prompt picking up the books, having a good flick through, laughing and commenting on which moustache they would choose "y'know, if i could grow one..." (poor teenage boys)- just what I had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment