Monday 28 February 2011

Opposites: Visual Experimentation.















Obviously just some really quick examples exploring the idea of basic typography with the theme of 'opposites'- looking at magnetism (opposites attract- the classic colours of red and blue poles of magnets), contrasting colours, quotes- "the ink is black, the page is white" (opposite of black and white), up and down (motion opposites), and pessimism and optimism (cup half full, cup half empty).

Whilst these examples were very, very quick, 1-minute mock ups it has definately helped, along with my word brainstomring developments to generate a stronger, more defined idea of the work that I would like to produce- working with bold and minimal colour, perhaps using text and image?
I am, as I believe I have shown throughout many of my past projects, hugely interested and appreciative of language- semantic, wordplay, poetry, prose, quotes- i would definately like to encorporate this into my design- perhaps creating something informative aswell as aesthetic? 

No comments:

Post a Comment