Monday 14 February 2011

'Know Before You Grow' Poster Design and Final Print.


Experimenting in the Digital Print Room, I was really pleased with the results of printing my final design poster... 
(the first design was printed onto an A3 matte stock, see below)


The next edition was an A2 sheet of cartridge- sequencing in with the stock used for my swatch book, I really liked this stock- added texture and an off-white colours adds a hint more interest that the standard black and white as well as looking far more professional and high quality (see below)...


 Again, another experiment, this time printing on an A1 sheet of tracing paper (a big sheet to hold up for a small fry like me!)- it was really interesting to see the design on this semi-translucent stock, and whereas it was quite original looking, the tracing paper stock is often quite frustrating, and as I found once more on this design, the paper creases very easily (see below)...


 My last design, a print onto A1 cartridge paper was my particular favourite- with a point size of around 12 of the smallest scale of text, I believe this would be a very readable and suitable scale for display at a barbershop- large enough to draw attention and be visually exciting, without risk of engulfing an entire wall as A0+ would do (see image below)...


As aforementioned, I have been really pleased about the response I have recieved from this design- from fellow peers and a strong online presence (undisputably helped by my established flickr account and kind followers)- reaching the top 500 explored images on flickr for the day it was posted (with just two images previously being explored in the past two years I was naturally really pleased) and getting reblogged and posted over various internet sites with charming reviews!
Here are just a few links to these blogs and sites below...

No comments:

Post a Comment