Monday 14 February 2011

Photoshop Workshop: Final Printed Designs.


During these last stages of the design process, I decided upon the structure and design of my postcard backing (as shown above) before printing all of my designs in the Digital Print Room on two sheets of A1 white card...

After printing, I was surprisingly pleased with my designs- I wanted to keep the backs purposefully simple as I felt many of the images were rather busy and had a lot of content and imagery already.
However, despite it's simplicity- one of my favourite features was placed in the bottom left-hand corner of the postcards...

a colou(red) theory 

as my "title" to sequence my postcards (see below)...  


The finished images on the postcards below...

 
The only regrets I have in regards to my postcard designs are that I didn't devote more time to the experimentation of edits (though with my current skill base, I doubt that I would have been able to have achieved a great deal more with the limited time scale) and my haphazard cutting skills (or lack of them)- once sticking the two sides together with double sided glue, some of the detail was ever so slightly cropped- such as the stamp box or the address lines.

With more time and financial support, I would have ammended these slight errors, but despite this, I am very pleased with the results I achieved in a short time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment