Friday 4 February 2011

Product Design Ideas.


Experimenting with potential design ideas and development...


Originally, I had considered creating a swatch book of moustaches for a "know before you grow" cut-out-and-keep guide. 
Preferably kept to a pocket-size (around 100mmx100mm) for quick and easy acessibility for whenever the moustache moment takes you away (or, you know, to show your barber...).


Moving away from the cream background, I thought about using acetate- clear to suit all skin tones and types- probably the most "natural" moustache aesthetic achieved from the thin acetate outlines.


A series of stickers... created to suit each moustache wearer and their chosen style of moustache... from handlebar...


...to the dali...


...to the walrus...


Further ideas in the way of using and manipulating acetate- creating a "photoframe" effect around the image to see yourself with the complete package.

If i were to re-design these, I would certainly have to lower the height of the moustache on the sheet- I left it just a little too high when saving!



After several book-binding and folding techniques taught to me in various workshops and tutorials in the week, I designed a quick few variations for potential experiments, perhaps with my swatch book, or other methods of presentation.

Although I will certainly keep my options open, I am really warming to the idea of creating a book, or series- a format that everyone is familiar with, and can be found the world-over- as well as having the potential to become really experimental and creative with my formats and layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment