Monday 28 February 2011

Opposites: Choosing my theme.


At three o' clock, after an afternoon brainstorming ideas, we were asked to re-group so we could make a final decision as to the theme of our week-long 'Opposites' project.
Some of the ideas I had for visual interpretation were...

-Sweet and Sour (Creating a series of posters inspired by foodstuffs- using type as image to create interesting food-like imagery).
 -Half Full/Half Empty (a visual representation of optimsm and pessimism).
-Life and Death (a great deal of potential- perhaps looking at how closely the two are infact linked- the optimsm of death, reincarnation, or perhaps medical? data referencing, type as image, etc.)


I decided upon (despite perhaps seeming a little morbid!) the theme of...

'LIFE AND DEATH'

inspired by the depth of visual possibilities available.
Also, I cannot think of anything which is MORE opposite than the earthly state of being to...nothingness. I really hope this tests my range of design outcomes.

methods and approaches I will consider...

-Digital typography
-Text heavy, quotes? data?
-Texture, image
-Medical, religious, expressionate, thought-provoking?

No comments:

Post a Comment