Monday 7 February 2011

Creating my Swatch Book.


After a printing a few acetate sheets at home unsucessfully, I printed some in the Digital Print Room at Uni and was really pleased with the result- discovering, foolishly, that I'd been printing on the wrong type of acetate transparency- one suited for a laser printer, not the inkjet I have at home.

After printing, I cut each down to their 100mmx100mm size and then tested several swatches of different types of stocks purchased, including antique white paper, white card, light sand paper, cream paper and cartridge paper. 

Despite testing several colours, I specifically wanted to keep the swatch book neutral colours, so it didn't detract from the content and images in the book.

I decided to use the cartridge paper, as I really liked the subtle texture and slight off-white colour, as it contrasted well with the black and the grey on the acetate designs, and the texture creates a bit more tactile interest when skimming through the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment