Thursday 7 April 2011

Business time.


I've been fortunate enough to have a minor surge in purchases from my design work lately. To celebrate, and kick my act into gear- I decided to make my first business cards...reasonably plain and simple, but hopefully representing me in more of a professional, yet infinately playful way (It just wouldn't be me without a moustache!)...


The basic design, along with the name "sophie in disguise"- my online shop, inspired by the feelings of being a fraud (I don't know if I'll feel I can ever call myself a designer, really, I just feel like a doodler who got lucky...) along with the icon from my blog, an ode to groucho marx (and the ultimate fancy dress disguise!) along with a print test swatch of the colours used on the card, and all necessary details in Justus italic typeface- recently discovered thanks to group mates who used it in their own designs. It's rather snazzy. 


 The layout, ready and economic for print- scaled down to the UK standardised business card size of 85x55mm...keeping it simple (for now!).


The first batch of business cards- ready for distribution. Perfect timing for sending one of my poster prints (the 'know before you grow' collection 100 moustache poster) to a buyer in the US, and for the papergirl exhibition tomorrow evening, in which I will be performing a papercrafts demonstration (yay!). Pictures tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment