Wednesday 27 April 2011

Speaking from Experience: My Own Embroidery Work.



A couple of examples of my embroidery work when I was focusing on textiles and surface pattern work whilst at college (oddly enough, there wasn't a graphic design module for our pre-FMP or FMP projects- boo!). If I were to re-create an embriodery style now, I would like to have a go at creating something far more deocrative and image-based, my main interest at oppossed to type. 

Unlike most people, however, I really don't mind the amount of time it takes (I found the bottom jumper took around fifteen hours to handstitch- eep!) as I think I am quite naturally patient and very determined to "get the job done". 

A possible root to go down, and a decorative style with a lot of various aesthetic outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment