Wednesday 27 April 2011

Opposites Brief: IMPRESS WITH CRESS!



(Cressed to Impress: Day III)
 
 In yesterday's briefing with Fred, we reassessed the OUGD103 module aims and percentages for each project and task. With the 'Opposites' brief and 'Communication is a Virus' brief making up 66.6% of the module mark I started to feel pretty worried. Whilst I don't think either brief that I executed was awful, I don't feel very happy with them either- recieving mixed reviews on both and a conclusion that I didn't really answer the brief.
Whilst between blog posts this afternoon, I looked at the cress growing on my windowsill- a personal project to see how cress would grow in templated forms- and then it struck me (not literally...)...cress>living thing>living thing has to be born, live, and then die, perhaps I could manipulate my own personal project into one suited for this brief? Creating stencils to grow my seeds and photograph them in their states of change?

This could be a really fun and unique way to view my project- and using something a little more creative and abstract than my usual Illustrator brief, which could hopefully bring a little more variety to my work, and, even if I don't suceed with this task, evidence that I really wanted to amend my outcomes, and make it as successful as I possibly could.

PLAN OF ACTION:
-Find suitable typeface for 'birth' 'life' and 'death'- testers.
-BUY MORE CRESS SEEDS!
-Buy planters/suitable boxes to photograph
-Start growing ASAP- only 4.5 weeks left until module hand in! Eeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment