Wednesday 20 April 2011

What is a line?: Photographing constellations.



Some unfortunately poor photographic examples of constellations and the starry night sky from Church Stretton, Shropshire, last night. Gathering primary research for this project has been particularly difficult- as all research is dependant upon weather conditions. In Leeds, whilst still on term time, it was very hard to capture any starry night skies due to polluting, clouds and the lightness of the city at night, and being at home in Shropshire has proven far more effective. Although these images are very poor (sadly due to a lack of tripod and telescopic lens on my camera), the constellations were gloriously bright- and thanks to the repetition, amount of research, and also design that I have created, I spotted my very first constellation, Ursa Minor, for the very first time, with a great sense of achievement and delight! Unfortunately, I won't have time to go to the Planetarium in Birmingham (due to the excessive amount of bank holidays ahead!) before I go back to Leeds- and hope this doesn't affect my overall grade for the module.

No comments:

Post a Comment