Sunday 24 April 2011

What is a line?: Embriodery Work.



A couple of examples of the embriodery work I started early on in the 'What is a line?' project.
Inspired by many other constellation and embriodery artists, such as Minature Rhino on etsy (www.etsy.com) (blogged on my design context blog, www.s-wilson1013-dc.blogspot.com), I wanted to create my own versions of the constellation designs.

Pleased with the outcome of my drawings at this point, I decided to continue the silver on black palette- using a metallic thread on black mesh cross-stitch fabric for ease of measure.

Although I quite liked the simple designs (even at this early stage) it was apparent that the embriodery was going to take a great deal longer time than I had available to complete the project, despite being fortunate enough to be reasonably experienced with textiles and embriodery in particular.

A fun experiment, embriodery is definatley a technique I would like to persue in the future, if at all possible- and, preferably next time with a sewing machine as opposed to by hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment