Tuesday 12 April 2011

What is a line?: Constellations of the zodiac.



Inspired by the papercuts of artists such as Mon Petit Fantome, as found on etsy, and posted on my design context blog (www.s-wilson1013-dc.blogspot.com), I have decided to make a series specific to the thirteen constellations of the zodiac: 

1. Aquarius
2. Pisces
3. Aries
4. Taurus
5. Gemini
6. Cancer
7. Leo
8. Virgo
9. Libra
10. Scorpius
11. Ophiuchus (a recent edition, and reasonably unknown)
12. Sagittarius
13. Capricornus

In the quick design example above, I enlarged the constellation vector to fill the A4 scale page- aesthetically, I think the image without the constellation information on looks a lot better- but would of course have to work with an informative counterpart- such as the booklet to be understood by all.

I will now go on to create the set of thirteen in this way to experiment with papercut and lighting techniques to create my own "light projectors".

No comments:

Post a Comment