Tuesday 12 April 2011

What is a line?: Constellation vectors and weight of stroke.



After my initial designs of the constellations, I was entirely happy with them- looking back at my initial design drawings in the first weeks of the project, I realised that the 'x's' representing the stars within the constellation didn't look quite right- too messy, and disorganised- not always sitting well on the line- maybe being slightly angled or disorted- the image also looked to heavy- the weight of line to thick in comparison to the original fine drawings which I felt worked well.
I decided to go back to using circles (the spherical shape wouldn't be affected, and look the same from every angle) as well as altering the weight of line. Right now, I feel that the 0.25 stroke works best- a very delicate and fine image that would hopefully make the circles (representing stars) really stand out. I will now go on to experiement, and reproduce all of the eighty-eight constellations in this style.

No comments:

Post a Comment