Friday 4 March 2011

Final Ammendments and Final Designs.








Following the feedback critique session, I made several edits and changes to my designs- fortunately, I felt that there wasn't too great a deal which needed to be changed, but really I just had to take a step back and properly look at my work and evaluate where I had over complicated it.

On my 'life' and 'death' posters I removed the secondary image, increased the size of the image and decreased the size of the quotees name's at the bottom- this now looking like more of an addition than a main feature.

For the third poster, I decided to completely scrap my original "final" idea as it looked too uneccesary to the set, just repeating what I had done before- hoewever, I wanted to maintain the colour scheme.
From tutor Jo's suggestion,  I decided to create a typographic poster using my favourite quote from the series collection I have used:

"Get busy living or get busy dying" (from Stephen King's 'Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption') which I think summarises my whole design idea really well- an optimism to enjoy life- but not to be afraid when it ends. Although I kept the design really simple (a payne's grey for the bulk of detail, and then pink and silver highlighting- referring to the life and death links), in hindsight, I much prefer this style, and can see how valuable the crit session was today...


...From now on I know I just had to repeat the mantra..."complexity isn't always the answer"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment