Sunday 6 March 2011

More Editing.


Inspired by a comment in the final crit "Life and Death isn't so black and white" I decided to make it just that...black and white...






I experimented with my images in greyscale- keeping them really simple, with little alteration.

Although I don't find these as aesthetically appealing, I feel that they may be more appropraite to the subject matter- the dark misery of death, graduating up to the 50% opacity grey of life/death to the bright white of life...




Again, I'm not entirely sure which of my designs is most appropraite- I'll print both off, and then hopefully be able to generate a wider view and feedback from fellow classmates on Monday.



Quick A5 prints at home- still quite legible and readible (good times!) not too much bleeding on the 'death' print which I'm happy about- though the distinctive greying bars quality of an inkjet printer- c'est la vie- bring on the laser printer tomorrow!

There are still obvious flaws with the design which I will hopefully learn from- obviously the week deadline increased the pressure, though I know that this is something I will have to deal with. After the crit I didn't want to re-design in fear of perhaps going on even more of a tangent than I may have already done, though, time permitting, before module hand in I may re-design these, the same content, but excercute the visual communication aspect a little more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment